Monday, July 1, 2013

Diet Update

So I know it's only been 2 days of this new "diet" (I hesitate to call it that because I know it's technically supposed to be a lifestyle, but let's just call a spade a spade shall we?), but OMG this is tough.  Yesterday was awful.  Not so much because I wanted to pig out on junk food, but because I genuinely felt like crap.  I was nauseated, dizzy, tired, and a little down in the dumps.  Last night I tossed and turned half the night because I felt so bad.  True to form I jumped on the scale this morning, hoping that my one day of misery would result in a magical transformation.  I am down 3 pounds, which I am assuming is all water weight.  This makes sense, as I made at least 40 trips to the potty yesterday.  I am trying to do around 1200 calories a day, using the My Fitness Pal app.  I totally recommend it.  It's completely free, and you can scan your food items and it pops up with all of the nutrition information.  But back to the point...1200 calories is not much.  I think a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen is about half that, and I used to eat those on the REG!  So I believe the feeling like crap yesterday was my body going into shock with the fewer calories and the healthy food.  Kind of sad, right?  Fortunately today has been a thousand times better.  I have felt pretty good overall and I am hopeful that I can stick with this for a while.  Brad is eating healthy with me, so that helps a lot.  He of course will lose 15 pounds by cutting out potato chips and dessert.  Don't you hate that?!

I also want to thank those who have shown so much support for me while I work on getting myself healthy.  It is amazing and motivating to me at how much this topic resonates with others.  It is a reminder that we are all imperfect creatures!

Now, I am going to pop some 100 calorie popcorn.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I work for a nurtition company, Herbalife, and we have these awesome protein shakes that are great at getting weight down & then maintaing. Perfect for on the go moms. High in protein and low in calories.. but keeps you full!!! Let me know if you'd ever like more info! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete