Saturday, July 13, 2013

Feeling Proud!

Well folks, I am finished with my homework, the house is clean, and my sweet girl is sound asleep.  Time to update!

Morgan is having so much fun this summer at playgroup (and I am too!).  We have had an excellent showing lately and the kids are so adorable together.  See?

Poor Waylon
4 out of the 5 of these kiddos were born within 2 months of each other.  It is very interesting to get them together and see how each child has their own unique quirks.  Waylon is always a hit though, and bless his heart, he tolerates a lot.  I am so proud of him.  Not your typical nippy chiweenie!  The mommies have a great time chit-chatting about the kids, their husbands, etc. and it's a fun, free way to entertain the little tikes for a couple of hours.

Operation LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE YOUR BROTHER'S WEDDING is going really well.  I have logged into the My Fitness Pal app very consistently for the past few weeks and have been exercising a lot more than my normal (which was not at all).  Today I stepped on the scale and was down...

8 pounds!!!!

That is huge for me.  I am only 5'3" and with about 15-20 pounds to lose total, 8 is a good chunk (both literally and figuratively).  I have two more weeks until my big bro gets hitched, and my goal is to lose 2 more pounds by then to make it a nice, even 10 pounds down.  I think I can I think I can!!!  I have definitely had my slip ups with my eating, but I am trying to balance the mistakes with healthy choices and cardio.  I am currently reading an AWESOME book that I highly recommend...

http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Thin-SkinnyGirl-Yourself-Lifetime/dp/1416597980
I am not a huge housewives fan or anything, but Bethenny makes some great points in this book.  She is not big on counting calories or dieting, just making your nutrition and health balanced.  Don't like to exercise?  That's okay, but you will need to eat less.  Love cardio?  Great!  You can eat more.  This is definitely a fun read if you are looking for the motivation to get healthy and are sick of dieting (although I completely admit to being on a "diet" right now).  If you want to get this book, get it off Amazon.  Barnes and Noble is an outrage.  I paid $4.00 TOTAL (used, good condition, including shipping).  B&N wanted $16.00 before tax.  No thanks.

My ultimate goal is to get to the weight I was at on my wedding day, 129 lbs.  Isn't it funny the ridiculous stuff you remember?  I couldn't tell you what I ate that day, but Lord knows I have a mental image of 129 on that scale.  I remember being so happy because I was in the "120's".  Silly, I know.  But we all have our own goals, and this is mine.  Here is what 129 lbs looks like on me...


And here is what 173 looks like, HAHA...


YOWZAS!  I know, I know.  I was almost 39 weeks pregnant here.  I had Morgan 2 days later. I miss that big ole preggo belly!

Okay enough ramblings for tonight.  Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment