Wednesday, November 16, 2011

24 weeks, 6 months, and Dr. appointment update :)



Hello all! I decided to post today because I wanted to wait until I went to the doctor. I am officially in the last month of my second trimester. At my next appointment I will be in my FINAL trimester. Seeing as this trimester has flown by, I am sure the last one will go equally fast.


My appointment went really well today. My blood pressure and weight gain are good, and Morgan is measuring right on schedule. Mom came with me today for support since Brad had to work. She was so happy to hear Morgan's little heart beating away. I asked my doctor about the EXCRUCIATING leg cramps I have been waking up to. I had another one on Sunday morning that almost brought me to tears. I screamed I was in so much pain and poor Waylon and Brad were scared half to death. Fortunately, my leg cramps are a normal "phenomenon" of pregnancy and nothing to worry about (NOT a blood clot, WHEW!). She suggested I drink more water and stretch some before bed to prevent them. I will give anything a try.


This week I have definitely been feeling more pregnant. At night I get very uncomfortable and I have not been sleeping as well as I used to. I can only imagine how uncomfortable I will be in February. Brad is very supportive though, and helps me as much as he can. We also hired someone to come and clean once a month to help me out. It is not good for me to breath in the fumes from the chemicals anyways. The house was cleaned today and I swear it is like Christmas morning when I come home to a clean house. Don't worry, we do clean more than once a month, ha ha. She mainly does the bathrooms and the back breaking stuff I should not be doing. You may ask yourself, "Hm, why doesn't Brad just do it rather than paying a cleaning lady?" Well, that is a very good question, and the answer is, BRAD DOES NOT CLEAN. Oh well, I don't cut grass or change the oil, so I will try not to judge.


Stats...


How far along? 24 weeks/6 months!


Total weight gain? 15 lbs! Yowzas. I know my Mom's scale is different from the doctor's scale, and I weighed at a different time of day, fully dressed this time, but good Lord. Time to slooooooow down. I still need to get through the holidays!


How big is the baby? Over a foot long and 1.25 lbs. (at least I can blame 1.25 of my 15 to Morgan, hehe)


Maternity clothes? Yepp. They are so comfy.


Stretch marks? Not yet. But this weight gain better slow down or I will start to look like a road map.


Sleep? Not great. Leg cramps and constantly wanting to change positions is making it harder.


Best moment of the week? SEEING my stomach move. I have been feeling the kicks for a while now but this week was the first time I could see my stomach move. So cool.


Movement? Yep!


Cravings? still milk.. Weird.


Gender? Princess


Labor signs? NO


Belly button in or out? In and stretching. I MAY be an outy by the end of this but still kind of early to tell.


What am I looking forward to? Getting past my next appointment. I have to get the gestational diabetes testing done AND get my RH negative shot. Fun fun. But more importantly, after the next appointment I will get to go every 2 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. blame the weight on the boobs! they look huge not that im trying to look but you can tell from last month that the bellies growing...your more than half way through and 15 pounds is a little under half of the normal weight you are supposed to gain! We talk about this all the time in development classes and that not gaining enough weight can actually be harmful...you actually gain the most in your first and second trimesters. The last is all baby growth! You still like gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that beautiful belly!!! You look fantastic hun and don't worry about the weight gain, your perfectly healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look fantastic! Well done growing a baby :)

    ReplyDelete