Saturday, August 3, 2013

New hair, new me?

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today was a special day at the Hooper household.  I hosted a baby shower for my good friend, Amy.  We had a great turnout and everyone seemed to have a good time.  Here are some pics...





You'll notice that I am missing something.  I chopped 9" of hair off yesterday after weeks of contemplating and pinning hairstyles.  I was physically nauseated yesterday morning before my hair appointment and I realized that I was developing an unhealthy attachment to my hair.  It was hard, but I am glad it's gone and I am learning to love my shorter locks.

My brother's wedding was last weekend and was so much fun.  My brother and his new wife were so adorable together and Morgan did a fabulous job walking down the aisle as flower girl.  I was one proud Mommy!




Well with the wedding last weekend and the shower this weekend, I have had multiple excuses to cheat on my diet.  "It's my brother's wedding!"  "It's wedding cake.  I never eat wedding cake." "I am stressed about the shower so I am going to eat."  "I am at the shower that I worked so hard for so I am going to eat everything I bought."  You know the routine.  Needless to say I feel like I am slowly drifting off track.  I haven't worked out in a couple of weeks and I am finding it harder and harder to stick to my 1200 calories.  I am pretty sure this is what happens every time I try to lose weight.  I set a goal (this time it was 20 lbs), get about halfway there, get comfortable and bored, stay at my new weight for a few months, then slowly inch my way back to where I was to begin with.  Am I crazy or does this happen to other people too?  It is such a vicious cycle.  I am going to try to make this time different and push past what I guess is a "plateau."  Maybe the new hair cut can represent a new me (sorry for being so cheesy).  On the plus side, I was down another pound this morning, which I am convinced is due to my hair cut.  

Enough ramblings for today.  Time to get back on track, starting NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment