Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer So Far

Has it already been almost 2 full weeks of summer vacation!?  I have to admit I was a little worried about the adjustment to being at home full time, but let's just say it was a peaceful transition.  I am LOVING every second of being with my little girl.  We read books, play with puzzles, go to the park, go shopping, have playgroups, go walking, swinging, etc...  Morgan is at such a fun (although sometimes difficult) age.  She is bursting with energy and amazes me with how smart she is.  I swear I can have conversations with her and she knows exactly what I am saying.  She is also starting to imitate EVERYTHING I do, so Mommy needs to be careful about what she says!!!

I came to the conclusion very early into the summer that our downstairs living arrangement was just not functional for us.  Morgan's toys were crammed into a corner in our living room, and when we took them out, our living room looked like a complete disaster. Kind of like this...


Horrible!  I didn't mind it too much, but I have to admit that I was a little out of my comfort zone with the main living space in my house looking like this all the time.  Not to mention, Morgan was totally overwhelmed with the amount of toys and how disorganized they were.  So, being that we still have no dining room furniture (who really uses their dining room anyway?), I made the decision that Morgan needed a play room. So here it is!




Now her toys are out, organized, and easily accessible and she LOVES it.  She knew right away that this was her room.  Not only does she have her own space to play, but Brad and I have our living space back (kind of).  Here it is...



We still have her toy chest, Princess castle and stuffed animal basket in the living room so that she has something to play with in there too.  I don't miss my "dining" room at all and would much rather Morgan have it for her toys.  Maybe down the road when all the Hooper kiddos are bigger, we can get some dining room furniture, but I am in no hurry.

Dining rooms that are playrooms, Princess castles in your living room, goldfish on the floor, and diapers in the trashcan are what makes a house a home!

Happy Summer everyone.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment